This evening, I’m off to South Africa for 10 days. (It always feels great to be Africa-bound!) I will participate in an international Conference bringing together church and ministry leaders from around the world. This is a movement that encourages churches in developing countries to reach out to the poor in their communities, combining courageous faith with creative use of local resources.
Helping churches serve the poor is what Emmanuel International is all about. So our ministry leaders from Uganda, Tanzania and Malawi will join me at the Conference – to develop our vision of what God wants to do through us, and to engage in some serious planning sessions. It will be an inspiring (and busy) week! Please pray for God to show us all how best to serve Him together.
After the Conference (in Pretoria), I’ll spend the weekend visiting EI’s ministry in Cape Town, before returning home on March 8.
Since Christmas, the pace has been intense:
- A week visiting resource ministries in Pennsylvania, Arizona and California.
- Many late nights drafting a new Policy Manual.
- 3 days in Miami consulting our ministry leaders from Brazil and Haiti – then over to London for the Annual Conference of our UK organization.
- More late nights updating the Policy Manual – and setting up a new accounting system. (I’m no accountant, but QuickBooks compensates for that!)
- Now off to South Africa, with a meeting in London en route.
Crafting a detailed Policy Manual is neither fun nor glamourous. But EI is a worldwide family of organizations and churches, and we need an updated set of guidelines, to serve effectively together. Please pray for us to emerge from this process with a renewed sense of His call, with oneness of spirit, and with a game plan to reach multitudes in many countries with God’s love and truth.
THANK YOU for your part with us. May you experience His grace in your life.
In His service,
Doug (& Beulah)